Not all participating unions in the scheme offer exactly the same services to their members. Additionally, they may also decide - for legal or financial reasons - to place some limitations on the services offer to the Dance Passport holders.


For clarity, this page gives an overview of the different types of services offered by the participating unions.



Taking account of the necessity of daily training for dancers, some unions offer training and master classes - free or at a reduced price - to their members and to Dance Passport holders.


Some also inform their members about casting opportunities.


Find a full list here: FAIR-MEDIASIND (Romania); Kunstenbond (The Netherlands); NoDa (Norway); TF (Sweden)



Some of the members of FIA participating to the Dance Passport scheme negotiate collective labour agreements. There are written agreements concluded between one or more employers and one or more unions, with a view to determining the conditions of employment with their national employers. Such  collective agreements may be negotiated specifically in the field of dance or in the broader sector. Those agreements usually cover the details of working terms and conditions such as numbers of performances, hours, breaks, health and safety, holidays, recording and broadcasting, etc... Unions also negotiate with employers to provide minimum levels of pay across the entertainment industry.


As a Dance Passport holder working for a short time in a participating country, you could benefit from those negotiated collective agreements and rates of pay.


Find a full list here: DSF (Denmark); Equity (UK); FAIR-MEDIASIND (Romania); GDBA (Germany); Kunstenbond (The Netherlands); LKDAF (Latvia); NoDa (Norway); SBKV (Swizerland); SFA (France); STST (Finland); TF (Sweden); VdO (Germany); ver.di (Germany); Younion (Austria)



All participating unions will offer free legal advice and support in case of disputes arising in the course of a professional engagement (e.g. contractual issues, personal injury, etc.) or prior the signature of a contract. To benefit from contractual and legal advice, the dancer will have to contact the local union and to show that he/she is a union member in his/her home country.


Unions represent their members individually or collectively in dispute with employers. In order to benefit from representation, a Dance Passport holder will be asked to join the local union and shall be represented without any waiting period.


Find the full list here: AUT (Turkey); DSF (Denmark); GDBA (Germany); FAIR-MEDIASIND (Romania);  Kunstenbond (The Netherlands); LKDAF (Latvia); NoDa (Norway); Equity (UK); SBKV (Swizerland); SDS (Hungary); SFA (France); STST (Finland); TF (Sweden); VdO (Germany); ver.di (Germany); Younion (Austria)



Injuries are part of a life of a dancer. Unfortunately, many dancers will experience injuries of varying severity into the course of their careers. Some may even have to retire due to the injury. Having the support of his/her union in those difficult times is therefore essential for dance professionals. Some unions do provide particular support to their injured dancers members, in the form of accident insurance or advice and clinical assessment.


Find a full list here: DSF (Denmark); Equity (UK); FAIR-MEDIASIND (Romania); GDBA (Germany); Kunstenbond (The Netherlands); LKDAF (Latvia); NoDa (Norway); SBKV (Swizerland); SDS (Hungary); SFA (France); TF (Sweden)



Tax is generally a complex area but things are even more complicated for mobile dancers, due to the international tax regime generally applicable to performing artists and sports professionals. Unfortunately, double taxation is a rather common occurrence among travelling artists, as they are generally subject to withholding tax in the country of performance but often fail to benefit from equivalent, or indeed any, tax credits in their residence country. Many unions offer tax advice and can be of great help with regard to tax and the avoidance of double taxation.


Find the full list here: AUT (Turkey); Equity (UK); FAIR-MEDIASIND (Romania); GDBA (Germany); Kunstenbond (The Netherlands); SBKV (Swizerland); SDS (Hungary); SFA (France); STST (Finland); VdO (Germany)



Some countries have - or are in the process of setting up - transition schemes for professional dancers. Such schemes offer dancers the resources and support they need when facing the end of their performing career and prepare them to pursue a new career. They allow dancers to take stock of their skills, identify a professional direction and to acquire the necessary skillset and qualifications to embark on a new professional activity. Such transition schemes are usually established with the support of the unions representing dancers and may even sometimes be created directly by the unions. They generally offer career counselling, psychological and sometimes also financial support. Unions in the countries where such schemes are in operation will be able to inform you about how they work and to advice on how to go about accessing them.


Find the full list here: AUT (Turkey); Equity (UK); GDBA (Germany); FAIR-MEDIASIND (Romania); Kunstenbond (The Netherlands); SBKV (Switzerland); SFA (France); VdO (Germany)



Social security is another challenge for mobile dancers. Employment and social security are fundamentally national matters and dancers are often subject to multiple regimes that may then impact their eligibility for social security, pension, unemployment and other benefits in their home country. The employment status of a single performer may also vary from country to country, impacting on their ability to enjoy minimum protection under labour law. If you are tackling challenges with social security in another European country, you may find it helpful to seek the advice of the local union.


Find the full list here: DSF (Denmark); GDBA (Germany); FAIR-MEDIASIND (Romania); Kunstenbond (The Netherlands); LKDAF (Latvia); NoDa (Norway); SBKV (Switzerland); SDS (Hungary); SFA (France); STST (Finland); TF (Sweden); ver.di (Germany); VdO (Germany); Younion (Austria)